Strong mechanical repair/troubleshooting and metal working skills.
• Must be able to satisfactorily demonstrate proficiency in Machine Repair,
Machine Tool Operations, Pipefitting and Welding.
• Functional knowledge of mechanical components (valves, pipe fittings, bearings,
motors, gearboxes, etc.).
• Ability to read and/or interpret mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic blueprints or
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate with all levels of the
organization both written and verbal; includes building relationships with team
lead and department Manager.
• Be able to perform basic reading and arithmetic problems involving addition,
subtraction, multiplication, and division. Be willing and able to learn shop math,
including simple geometry.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, job related internet research and
ability to learn eMaintenance software for daily usage.
• Strong organizational, prioritization, and problem solving skills with focus on
attention to detail.
• Be able to work both in independently and in a team environment completing
objectives efficiently with a sense of responsibility.
• Be able to safely complete the physical tasks associated with the essential job
functions. These tasks include extensive climbing, walking, lifting, bending,
standing, carrying and squatting.
• Be able and willing to work in non-ideal environments such as: confined spaces,
working at heights, dusty/dirty and around chemicals.
• Understand, practice and enforce safe work practices related to the following:
respiratory protection, elevated work platforms, fall protection, control of
hazardous energy (Lockout/Tagout procedure), fire protection systems, electrical
safety, forklift/hoist operation, welding, cutting, brazing, confined space entry,
PPE and employee Right to Know.